Systems Engineer / Mission Engineer
Phantom Engineering, Inc. is a technical services consulting firm supporting customers in the federal government sector. Our company employs a team of mission-driven professionals who have a wealth of experience in engineering, operations, and domain-specific technical consulting. Our employees are driven by a passion for the customer’s mission. The Phantom team works together to tackle our customer’s greatest challenges with a proven track record of making the most daring endeavors successful. Our goal is to build a company of like-minded individuals who share the same qualities of strong technical expertise and drive to meet the customer’s most critical and complex challenges. We offer competitive salaries, top-notch benefits, and a generous 401K package.
Phantom Engineering is seeking a Systems Engineer / Mission Engineer (SE/ME) to provide systems engineering leadership for our customer missions from concept development through sustained operations. The SE/ME will work on site and side-by-side with our Federal Government customer mission lead to provide integration support across multiple segments and teams. These missions are built on the development of bespoke technical solutions and are executed according to complex CONOPS by cross-organizational teams.
In this role, the SE/ME must have the ability to grasp technical concepts to ensure appropriate system-wide integration. Technical areas involved in this specific position include RF (SATCOM) communications, cyber tool development, network analysis, and cyber operations. The SE/ME is the focal point for the appropriate execution of system development, operational readiness, and mission execution activities.
The SE/ME must have an exploitation mindset and experience in one or more areas: cyber operations, reverse engineering, complex tool development, access operations, or SIGINT development. The position requires the individual to work with various teams, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, have passion and perseverance to get the job done, and the ability to proactively manage tasks.
- TS/SCI + Full Scope Polygraph
- Bachelors degree in system engineering or another engineering or technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and ability to apply it to projects
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Analyze system concepts to develop requirements and lead design, development, and integration activities;
- Lead the effort to formulate requirements, concept of operations, and design a system architecture;
- Develop and analyze technical documentation such as requirements, concept of operations documents, high-level system architectures, and system specifications;
- Ensure designs are compatible with the architecture and requirements are properly allocated to segments;
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into on-going operations;
- Identify technical risks and mitigation strategies;
- Proactively assist stakeholders in identifying best solutions for business needs;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and deliver technical presentations;
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources;
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to implement customer and system requirements.